Sunday, June 16, 2013

Scrapbook page "Waldemar"

Here we have another layout from the Panduro Design paper pad. The pad has 6 design and 4 of each. But the papers are dubbel sided so here are the other side of the this paper http://juliakallen.blogspot.se/2013/06/scrapbook-page-my-princes.html. The fact that the design of this one is of bunnies fitted perfect for the photo that I choose for today. It´s of our past dog Waldemar, how loved to hunt bunnies.  He was a real champion both in showing, hunting and tracking. Unfortunately he got really sick and past away. So this is in memory of he.





So I have the photo of him, cardstock and some washi tape to start with. I cut the background paper of where the cardstock is and the scrap I later can use for another layout or a card. The cardstock is from DCWV and the lace washi tape is from Panduro also. The border that is from the cardstock brings out the colors in the photo and makes the focal point a bit easier to look at. The black washi tape help to frame it all.








I then took some Tim Holts Grunge Board arrows. This I painted in white, then in silver and then I embossed them with UTEE. When they had cooled down I rubbed them in a black inkpad. They are fasted on the page with screw head brads.













And some finishing touches I put on a dymo with his name and  on another piece of paper I put his pedigree name and his date of birth. My thought was that my mom (he was her dog) could wright about him on the empty spaces.

This is a quite plane layout but I really wanted the focus to be on the photo and later on the journaling.

I hope you like it

Love Julia  

No comments:

Post a Comment