Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Bathroom sign.

Here today I´m showing you my latest alter. I was shopping at  Pysselskafferit and found this wooden heart shape. I decided to make it in to a sign to hang on the bathroom door.

So the heart was first painted in a dark green color, then covered in a crackle glaze and then a layer of white paint. That´s the base of the heart.
Upptaget is Occupied in Swedish
I was going for a shabby chic with the white crackle paint and sweet roses. The flowers is also from Pysselskafferiet. The string is just some I found at a flower shop.

The roses was originally white, I painted them with a pink mist from lindy´s tamp gang. When the flowers had dried (over night) I then I rubbed some glue with my finger over the petals and then poured glitter over. 

The pearl swirls is from Pyhobby and the the tiny blue glitter dots is from the stickels- waterfall. The washi tape with dictionary print is from panduro, and of course there is a dymo label.  

The word is painted in the same color as the background. So now you know what occupied is in Swedish, it´s pronounced the way it´s written. 
This sign was so much fun to make and here is a list of where I found my materials: 
   Love Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment