Thursday, July 17, 2014

Julia the horsegroom

To many of you I´m a scraper/crafter/painter but for the people in my "real life" I´m the Horse-Girl. We all have different hats to wear, some fit better then others. One of my most comfortable hats is really a riding helmet. I have been riding sens I was about 3 years old, my parents has always had horses and I have had 4 of my own. Horses has been a HUGE part of my life and was the reason I started scrapbooking. To document our completions and later more everyday training.

Later on I went to school, horse grooming. So if you didn´t know; I´m a trained horse groom. The last year at school we went in different lines, Dressage for me. Last winter and this winter I was working at the riding-school and loved it! But here is the thing: as a rider we forget (more like ignore) our self so after falling of one to many times and not doing anything about it my back just said NO! Witch no looking back was a good thing. So this spring I have been 2 times a week at my rehab center working out. I feel better and stronger even though I won´t the result faster...

So now I´m standing here without horses for the first time, I don´t have any and don´t work with any. And for someone how all her life has been the Horse girl that is hard. Lucky for me I have have had scrapbooking for a long time and that is what I spend my time on (I think you might have noticed) But of course it´s not the same, I don´t get that same adrenalin rush from scrapbooking. And the connection, that I really miss. So now once in a while my aunt asks me to go with here to competitions as a groom. I love going with her and being in a environment where I feel like home.

One day I will start riding again but in till then I am Julia the horsegroom

Here is from yesterday´s adventures:
Love Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment