Friday, November 6, 2015

lfe kit: Hello Beautiful: Darling

So here we have the Like For Ever kit for November, 
the main is Maggie Holmes new line; "Shine". That is, the papers (12 sheets), the stickers, alpha stickers and a roller phrase stamp. In the kit is also a big wood word from Heidi Swapp vellum pockets from Amy Tangerin and 2 rolls of grey washi from Pebbles.

 
Now, honestly I have made a few layouts whit this kit but I found it very challenging. There is no embellishments here more the the sticker sheet and the word. Now I  don´t think its a bad idea to "dip into" your stash but when buying a kit I sort of want that kit to be enough...  I had wished that there had been something more dimensional rather then plasticy washi... I don´t know maybe I´m just really cranky but I´m going to work whit this kit, just going to use more from my stash then last month!
 Is now the time to say that "Shine" is not my new favorite line? to soon? 

For the first layout I cut it down to an A4 from this sort of starry +-sign pattern. I do love that they had a navy paper ( I would have loved a pretty floral) So I matted the photo on the navy,the back side, the striped, a doily and the backside of the + pattern. 
 I love navy, I also love lilac so I decided to add both here, tassels, a Magnolia butterfly and some mist-splatter
 I have a rather big stack of tassels, don´t judge. I make them super easy from embroidery yarn and some gold string. The journaling here I felt would be lost on this black&white paper so I wrote it in a shipping tag, added some "black tie" twine from Lawn Fawn
 The phrase stamp (best part  of the kit) I added in the background, making the phrases part of the design. I also added some of the washi behind the photo, as layers. I have a hard time to use washi and this glossy, plasticy is not my favorite. But I will use them!

Love Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment