Saturday, November 28, 2015

lfe kit: Hello beautiful- På Väg

I have said before that Maggie Holmes new collection, "Shine", wasn´t my favorite... Well it still isn´t but one thing I do really like about it is that she has navy in her colors. So on this layout I wanted to focus on that color, Navy and then the blues and the black & white patterns. 

I knew I wanted allot of patterens so I started whit cutting them into about 12x2" strips. These I layered on the right side, leaving allot of white space on the left side. Depending on the papers this design could be a bit heavy, but using light colors and the b&w patters keeps that light feel. 
 I matted my photo on navy paper, a doily and than on a big tag. This tag just happened to still be on my desk after I had tried out the Heidi-shine in "Navy", and I thought it was perfect! I also used this mist for the blue splatters.
 Blue, white and black can be cold so for my title I used the "campfire" thickers too add some wood, also a wood heart and a little die-cut whit gold words.

 The stripes are sewn down, adding some extra texture and the roller phrase stamp is stamped around the page. On the whole I really like how the page came out, how well it works whit my photo and still have meaningful story, about being on our way...


Love Julia


No comments:

Post a Comment