Monday, February 15, 2016

"Prom"- A4 scrapbook layout- using coloringbooks

How many of us have one or more of these "adult coloring books"? How often do you sit down to color in them? I don't. Now there is so many to choose from but I find that many of them have such tiny spaces that coloring them is not relaxing, it just gives me a headache... On my birthday I got two and I was like... "really?!" But I'm determined to use them, in one way or another! 


So one night I sat down with one of them books got out a few pages and colored. Distress markers, water colors and mists. I had a plan; backgrounds!

This one just went perfectly with these photos from my prom three years ago and I decided to make  a "pretty" layout. 
 I picked all of my favorit embellishments and just had so much fun. This page will (hopefully) be apart of other ages about my time at gymnasiet. My plan is to make "pretty" layout and then have the story typed on the other side. That is the plan anyway. 
 So what I wanted to share was the idea of using odd materials (like wall paper) or papers that we might not think of to use in our scrapbooks. For me, using the coloring-books, will hopefully give them a purpurs instead of gathering dust on my bookshelf. 
The book I have used here is "Vintage Patterns" by Karrusel Forlag colored with distress markers i "milled lavender", "seedless preserves" & "cracked pistachio" 


Love Julia


No comments:

Post a Comment