Friday, April 1, 2016

Smitten- 12x12 Maggie Holmes-Bloom

Do to some internet problem this week my Monday and Wednesday post will be up today and tomorrow instead. Irritating, yes but it's all good because the layout that I made for today I really like!  

So by now you know I have a thing for swans, and if you want to see more, check out THIS blog post. So the other day my brother and I walk around the swan lake and we got to see a pair of black swans. I had never event hard of black swans and I was Smitten!!

The Maggie Holmes -"Bloom"  papers was just perfect for this but I also used a floral paper from "Confetti" to add some color. I really love that with Crate Paper that you can easily mix the different collections, here the deep pink and coral works so well with the bird and the other papers. 
 I wanted the use more paper and less embellishments here, to really focus on the photos. I think sometimes it's easier to think of the papers as an embellishment or a decor piece. Here I cut out two clusters of flowers added a doily and some tiny wood hearts and pearls. The tittle, black, is a script word from Amy Tangerine I like that it has some wight but it's not heavy.  

 I had allot to say about how pretty the birds where and how rarely I actually do thing I want to do, like walking around the swan-lake. So I typed  my journaling on vellum with my typewriter and yes it is very imperfect and has allot of spelling mistakes but what I have written is true and honestly, it looks good... 
I hope you've liked this page had that you all have a great weekend!
Love Julia 

No comments:

Post a Comment