Friday, July 15, 2016

ACT 12x12 scrapbook using Felicity Jane -Note to self kit

My one little word for 2016 is Agera, Act & Agir.
This word is something that I think about often and it really has helped and motivated me to do more.  I wanted to make a page now, half way through he year, of how it's working. How choosing to keep one word in mind can make a big difference. 


I picked a photo of myself and also a photo printed on vellum. I wanted to go with the colors in the photo, pink and emerald green. The Felicity Jane "Note to self" kit was just perfect for this.
 I used pink elements from the kit to frame the page. I didn't use much material to make this page it still makes an impact. The layered papers, the stitching and the different levels of transparency adds texture and interest. 
 The leafs are cut out with a die set from Maggie Holmes "Confetti" from emerald green water-colored paper. I finished the page but came back the next day and added the leafs. I just feel like was dead before...and then some Gold Heidi Shine splatters to finish the page of.

 The sentiments in the "Note to self" kit is just perfect. I stamped a bunch on printed labels and used them on everything. I like that the kit doesn't just comes with great products but also prompts to tell your stories. 
 A pink puffy heart to end the journaling about my word. A stain on the bottom of the page, compliments of Wiola while photographing the page...

I love how this page came out, not just because of how it looks but also it tells an importen story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment